blead reöpened for business
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans
2024-03-22 11:58:59 UTC
Hi all,

Following a small issue that needed fixing after the 5.39.9 release,
I'm happy to announce that blead is back open again and ready for more
work.

Remember that, as we have now released the "user-visible changes
freeze" version 5.39.9, we now enter a period of more conservative
changes - focusing on bugfixes, documentation, and other such things.
No large new feature development should be merged into blead at this
time.

As the code should largely be more stable though now is an excellent
time to start *thinking about* or developing larger things on branches
that might go into the 5.41.x development series when we start that
again in the summer.
--
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans

***@leonerd.org.uk | https://metacpan.org/author/PEVANS
http://www.leonerd.org.uk/ | https://www.tindie.com/stores/leonerd/
Abe Timmerman via perl5-porters
2024-03-23 12:45:25 UTC
Post by Paul "LeoNerd" Evans
Hi all,
Following a small issue that needed fixing after the 5.39.9 release,
I'm happy to announce that blead is back open again and ready for more
work.
Thanks for all the hard work again Paul!

Can we please make sure the git-tag is also updated to the new version
(v5.39.10) as is done in `patchlevel.h` during this process? This will
help the Perl5CoreSmokeDB (https://perl5.test-smoke.org) show the
correct "plevel".

Thanks a bunch!

-- Abe Timmerman