PSC #144 2024-04-11
Add Reply
Philippe Bruhat (BooK)
2024-04-11 15:59:23 UTC
The three of us met, and:

* merged the deëxperiment PR
* agreed we should additionally discuss if the now-stable features
(`try`, `extra_paired_delimiters`) should be included in the :5.40
feature bundle
* reported feedback from PPC implementors, which can be summarized as “life
happened, will get back to work soon”
* continued to triage latest reported bugs and look for release
blockers (Currently we have 8 potential blockers, though 2 are easy
documentation fixes)
--
Philippe Bruhat (BooK)

He who revels in being bigger forgets that he is the larger target.
(Moral from Groo #5 (Image))
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans
2024-04-11 17:18:30 UTC
On Thu, 11 Apr 2024 17:59:23 +0200
Post by Philippe Bruhat (BooK)
* merged the deëxperiment PR
* agreed we should additionally discuss if the now-stable features
(`try`, `extra_paired_delimiters`) should be included in the :5.40
feature bundle
Still open to discussion, and I for one am not 100% convinced it's a
good idea at this late stage, but here anyway is a PR to do it so at
least we can discuss it:

https://github.com/Perl/perl5/pull/22141
--
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans

***@leonerd.org.uk | https://metacpan.org/author/PEVANS
http://www.leonerd.org.uk/ | https://www.tindie.com/stores/leonerd/
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans
2024-04-16 11:26:55 UTC
On Thu, 11 Apr 2024 18:18:30 +0100
Post by Paul "LeoNerd" Evans
On Thu, 11 Apr 2024 17:59:23 +0200
Post by Philippe Bruhat (BooK)
* merged the deëxperiment PR
* agreed we should additionally discuss if the now-stable features
(`try`, `extra_paired_delimiters`) should be included in the :5.40
feature bundle
Still open to discussion, and I for one am not 100% convinced it's a
good idea at this late stage, but here anyway is a PR to do it so at
https://github.com/Perl/perl5/pull/22141
This seemed oddly agreeable to everyone, so that's now been merged.

$ ./perl -Ilib -Mutf8 -E 'try { say q«Hello, world»; } catch($e) {}'
Hello, world